Fire Station Tour
CFD welcomes tours of the fire station. Guided tours of our fire station are provided free of charge to both residents and businesses of our fire districts as part of our Public Education Program. We ask that you please keep the following in mind when scheduling a tour of the fire station:
Fire Truck Show & Tell
- Firefighters have a busy schedule, so tours should be scheduled as far in advance as possible, allowing us a greater opportunity to accommodate the your request.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. The fire station must remain “in service” during tours and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, then they are most likely out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour
In an effort to better inform the community about the duties and services that the fire service performs, Fire Truck Show and Tells may be scheduled, at the discretion of the Fire Chief, for an appearance at or for the following:
- Schools and Childcare Facilities
- Neighborhood Associations
- Special Events such as block parties, safety fairs, career days and fire safety presentations.