DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS ARE SET BY THE TEXAS COMMISSION ON ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY (TCEQ), NOT HUNT COUNTY. THE BELOW INFORMATION IS ONLY PART OF THE LAW AND, AS SUCH, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU READ THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________General Regulations on Outdoor Burning:
- You may not start burning materials until one (1) hour after sunrise.
- You must not ADD any fuel to your fire starting one (1) hour before sunset.
- A responsible person must be with the fire at all times while there is an open flame.
- The smoke cannot hinder visibility on any public roadway.
- Electrical insulation or wire
- Treated lumber
- Potentially explosive materials
- Chemical wastes (including paint)